Entain empowers over 200 aspiring sports champions and backs 100 grassroots football clubs with vital funding
Milestones published in Entain’s Social Impact Report, published today
Monday 11 December: Entain, the global sports betting and gaming group, has supported over 200 aspiring Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth and World Champions through its partnership with SportsAid, and provided grants to 100 non-league football clubs through its multi-million-pound, multi-year programme, Pitching In.
These two milestones are highlighted in Entain’s latest Social Impact Report, which highlights progress made by the Group’s registered charity, the Entain Foundation, as part of a commitment to invest £100 million in its communities over five years.
Entain’s sustainability strategy has been informed by an extensive double materiality assessment and is structured across the four pillars of: 1) leading on player protection, 2) providing a secure and trusted platform, 3) creating the environment for everyone to do their best work, and 4) positively impacting our communities.
Virginia McDowell, Non-Executive Director and Chair of Entain’s Sustainability and Compliance Committee commented: “I’m extremely proud of the long-term collaborations Entain has built with charities and academic institutions across the globe, supporting them to achieve our common goals and positively transform our local communities. We’ve made brilliant progress this year and look forward to continuing our leadership in this important area, guided by our latest sustainability strategy.”
Other Entain Foundation highlights, included in Entain’s Social Impact Report, are:
Safer betting and gaming
- 14 peer-reviewed papers were submitted by the Cambridge Health Alliance Division on Addiction since 2019, contributing to the body of knowledge on safer gambling.
- 24,920 student-athletes and staff across 112 US colleagues were trained by EPIC Risk Management in 2022 on the increased risks of gambling-related harm for elite athletes.
- 1 million customer interactions and interventions were made through the ARC™ programme between January and October 2023, representing 710,301 unique customers.
Diversity in technology
- 10,680 girls and non-binary people across 410 Girls Who Code clubs have received free coding and tech education since 2021.
- 13 scholarships were offered in 2022 to talented female students in Germany and Australia to pursue their passion for tech and computer sciences.
- 800 computers were shipped to Kenya with the Turing Trust in 2023, providing digital access and education to local students.
- 5,000 Ghanaian children were screened for disabilities and learning delays with Chance for Childhood’s new Disability Detect App.
- Half a million pounds was fundraised for Prostate Cancer UK, helping to improve the testing, treatment, and care of prostate cancer.
- £1 million has been fundraised for Chance for the Children, funding life-saving research and treatment.
For further information, please contact: [email protected]
About Entain plc
Entain plc (LSE: ENT) is a FTSE100 company and is one of the world’s largest sports betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. The Group owns a comprehensive portfolio of established brands; Sports brands include BetCity, bwin, Coral, Crystalbet, Eurobet, Ladbrokes, Neds, Sportingbet, Sports Interaction, STS, SuperSport and TAB NZ; Gaming brands include Foxy Bingo, Gala, GiocoDigitale, Ninja Casino, Optibet, Partypoker and PartyCasino. The Group owns proprietary technology across all its core product verticals and in addition to its B2C operations provides services to a number of third-party customers on a B2B basis.
The Group has a 50/50 joint venture, BetMGM, a leader in sports betting and iGaming in the US. Entain provides the technology and capabilities which power BetMGM as well as exclusive games and products, specially developed at its in-house gaming studios. The Group is tax resident in the UK and is the only global operator to exclusively operate in domestically regulated or regulating markets operating in over 40 territories.
Entain is a leader in ESG, a member of FTSE4Good, the DJSI and is AA rated by MSCI. The Group has set a science-based target, committing to be carbon net zero by 2035 and through the Entain Foundation supports a variety of initiatives, focusing on safer gambling, grassroots sport, diversity in technology and community projects. For more information see the Group’s website: www.entaingroup.com.