(“Entain”, the “Company”)
Entain plc (LSE: ENT), the global sports betting and gaming group, announces the appointment of Amanda Brown as an independent Non-Executive Director. The appointment will take effect from 8 November 2023.
Amanda was most recently Chief Human Resources Officer at Hiscox plc where she was a member of the senior leadership team prior to stepping down in 2022. Amanda is currently a Non-Executive Director and Remuneration Committee Chair of Mitchells & Butlers plc and a Non-Executive Director and Chair Designate of the Remuneration Committee at the Manchester Airport Group. She has previously been a Non-Executive Director and Remuneration Committee Chair at Micro Focus International PLC. She has a degree in English from Reading University.
On appointment, Amanda will also become a member of the Remuneration Committee.
Barry Gibson, Chairman of Entain, said: “On behalf of the Board, I am delighted to welcome Amanda to Entain. Amanda brings a wealth of international business and board experience. I am confident that her skills and expertise will further enhance the Board’s ability to support and oversee the delivery of our strategy.”
There are no details to disclose for Amanda Brown under Listing Rule 9.6.13 and she does not own any Entain plc ordinary shares.
Company Secretary - Entain plc
Investor Relations - Entain plc
Media - Entain plc
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7250 1446
About Entain plc
Entain plc (LSE: ENT) is a FTSE100 company and is one of the world’s largest sports-betting and gaming groups, operating both online and in the retail sector. The Group owns a comprehensive portfolio of established brands; Sports Brands include bwin, Coral, Crystalbet, Eurobet, Ladbrokes, Neds, Sportingbet and Sports Interaction; Gaming Brands include Foxy Bingo, Gala, GiocoDigitale, Ninja Casino, Optibet, Partypoker and PartyCasino. The Group owns proprietary technology across all its core product verticals and in addition to its B2C operations provides services to a number of third-party customers on a B2B basis.
The Group has a 50/50 joint venture, BetMGM, a leader in sports betting and iGaming in the US. Entain provides the technology and capabilities which power BetMGM as well as exclusive games and products, specially developed at its in-house gaming studios. The Group is tax resident in the UK, operating in over 40 regulated or regulating territories. Entain is a leader in ESG, a member of FTSE4Good, the DJSI and is AA rated by MSCI. The Group has set a science-based target, committing to be carbon net zero by 2035 and through the Entain Foundation supports a variety of initiatives, focusing on safer gambling, grassroots sport, diversity in technology and community projects. For more information see the Group’s website: www.entaingroup.com
Notes for Editors
- The appointment of Amanda Brown as a Non-Executive Director was made by the Board on the recommendation of the People & Governance Committee following a search led by the Senior Independent Director and Chairman.
- The Board determined that Amanda Brown is an independent Non-Executive Director upon appointment in accordance with the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- The annual fee payable to Amanda Brown as a Non-Executive Director is £85,000.
- Amanda Brown has been issued with a Letter of Appointment, which may be viewed by contacting the Company Secretary.
- Following the above change, the composition of the Entain board will be as follows:
- J M Barry Gibson, Chairman of the Board
- Jette Nygaard-Andersen, Chief Executive Officer
- Rob Wood, Chief Financial Officer and Deputy CEO
- Stella David, Senior Independent Director and Chair of the Remuneration Committee and the People & Governance Committee
- Pierre Bouchut, Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair of the Audit Committee
- Virginia McDowell, Independent Non-Executive Director, Designated Workforce Director and Chair of the Sustainability & Compliance Committee
- David Satz, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Rahul Welde, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Amanda Brown, Independent Non-Executive Director