2022 was another strong year for our business, and one in which we continued to make meaningful progress towards our ambition of being the world-leader in sports betting, gaming and interactive entertainment.
I had the honour of being appointed your Chairman three years ago and so it seems timely to look back at the events of that period and reflect on what has been an intense period of transformation for Entain. Every aspect of our business model, strategy and culture has been reviewed, analysed, stress-tested and – where necessary – improved. As a result, we are a discernibly different company today than we were a few short years ago.
“The progress that has been made in the last three years has been structural, tangible and demonstrable.”
The progress that has been made since then has been structural, tangible and demonstrable:
- The Board and leadership teams have been overhauled;
- 100% of our revenue is now from markets around the world that are domestically regulated or which have a clear path to regulation – we are proud to be setting the standard for the industry as the only global operator focused solely on these markets;
- We have a compelling strategy and vision and a fresh corporate identity, underpinned by our core pillars of growth and sustainability;
- We have overhauled our governance processes across the organization to ensure the highest standards;
- We have developed an innovative and industry-leading technology – ARC™ – to keep our customers safe;
- We have launched the Entain Foundation, which focuses on making positive contributions in the communities in which we operate around the world; and
- We have worked constructively and proactively with regulators around the world to help create an environment that balances a fair and open recreational market with the need to provide protection for the small minority of customers who may run into problems.