ABOUT ENTAIN

History

2023
  • January, completed the acquisition of BetCity, one of the Netherlands’ leading online sports betting and gaming operators.
  • January, announced acceleration of unregulated market exits, as part of the Group's commitment that, by the end of 2023, 100% of the Group’s revenue would come from markets that are nationally regulated.
  • March, selected by TAB New Zealand as its preferred partner in a 25-year strategic arrangement.
  • April, acquired 365scores, a world leading sports media busiess.
  • June, announced the acquisiton of STS, the #1 sports-betting operator in Poland.
  • October, acquired Angstrom Sports, a specilaist provider of US sports forecasting and data analytics.
  • December, the Group entered into a Deferred Proescution Agreement with the Crown Prosecution Service, fully resolving the HMRC investigation in relation to Entain's legacy Turkish-facing business.
  • December, Jette Nygaard-Andersen steped down from the Group, Stella David became Chief Executive Officer on an interim basis.
2022
  • January, the Group completed the acquisition of Klondaika, one of the oldest gaming brands in Latvia, which complements Enlabs’ existing offering
  • February, the Group completed the acquisition of Avid Gaming, which owns Sports Interaction, a leading online sports betting brand in Canada
  • March, the Group acquired Totolotek, facilitating the Group’s entry into the Polish market
  • August, the Group announces the formation of Entain CEE, a venture with a leading investment firm based in the region, EMMA Capital, to create a strategic platform across CEE
  • November, Entain CEE completed the acquisition of SuperSport, the leading gaming and sportsbook operator in Croatia
2021
  • January, the Group appointed Jette Nygaard-Andersen as CEO, succeeding Shay Segev.
  • March, the Group completed the acquisition of Enlabs AB which focuses on serving customers in the Baltic markets
  • March, the Group completed the acquisition of Bet.pt, one of the leading sports betting and gaming operators in the Portuguese market
  • September, the Group completed the acquisition of unikrn, a leader in esports betting and skill-based wagering
2020
  • February, J M Barry Gibson succeeded Lee Feldman as the Group’s Non-executive Chairman.
  • July, the Group appointed Shay Segav as CEO, succeeding Kenneth Alexander.
  • November, the Group set its new corporate strategy and its intention to rename to Entain plc
  • December, the Group completed its renaming to Entain plc from GVC Holdings
2018
  • July, the Group announced it was creating BetMGM, a 50/50 Joint Venture with MGM Resorts to address the regulating U.S. online gaming market
  • March, the Group announced the proposed acquisition of a 51% stake in Crystalbet, a licenced, sport focused online gaming brand based in the Republic of Georgia (the Group acquired the remaining 49% of Crystalbet in 2021)
  • March, the Group completed the acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral Group PLC, the largest in the Group’s history that transformed the Group into one of the largest listed online gaming businesses in the world
  • November, the Group announced the acquisition of Neds International, an Australian digital sports operation
2017
  • December, the Group and Ladbrokes Coral Group announced the terms of a recommended offer by the Group to acquire Ladbrokes Coral
2016
  • February, the Group completed the acquisition of bwin.party
  • February, the Group was admitted to Main Market of London Stock Exchange
  • August, the Group was transferred to the Premium Listing of the Main Market of London Stock Exchange
  • September, the Group became a constituent member of FTSE 250
2015
  • Announced bid for bwin.party Digital Entertainment plc
2013
  • March, the Group completed the acquisition of Sportingbet (ex-Australia)
2011
  • the Group acquired the rights to provide back-office services to East Pioneer Corporation BV, who in turn acquired Superbahis, a Sportingbet branded sportsbook
2010
  • the Group was re-domiciled from Luxembourg to the Isle of Man
2009
  • the Group acquired Betboo, a Brazilian-focused bingo/sportsbook product
2007
  • the Group launched a sportsbook
  • the Group was granted a Maltese licence
  • Kenneth Alexander joined and set the Group on an acquisitive growth path
2004
  • the Group is incorporated as Gaming VC Holdings S.A. in Luxembourg
  • the Group’s shares were admitted to trading on AIM